Benefits of Investing in You
Don’t Let Stress Get You Down
We all feel stressed at times. How you react to stress will determine its effect on you. Take steps to prevent stress when you can and manage it when you can’t.
Taking Care of You
It is important to be mindful of the choices you make for your personal health and well being. Nothing is more important than taking care of yourself. Set aside time every day for YOU—be active, enjoy hobbies and share time with your family and friends.
- Strive for balance in both your personal and work life.
- Make time for important relationships in your life.
- Ask for help whenever you need support from others.
- Find ways to relieve stress, like physical activity and relaxation techniques.
- Be open-minded to try something new, like a hobby or activity.
- Talk to your family doctor, who can provide resources and advice when you need it.
A Real Approach to Eating
- Balance – Balance what you eat to meet your need for nutrition and enjoyment.
- Variety – Enjoy all kinds of foods while keeping the key food groups in mind (like fruits & vegetables, lean sources of protein, low-fat dairy and whole grains).
- Moderation – Focus on feeling comfortable instead of being too full after you eat. Use moderation when choosing less nutritious foods.