Tropical Breakfast Parfait
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt (low-fat or non-fat is fine)
- 1 small can mandarin oranges, drained
- 3/4 cup crisped rice breakfast cereal
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
Put 2 tablespoons of yogurt in the bottom of each of four juice glasses. Top with 4 orange slices. Sprinkle the oranges with a 1 1/2 tablespoons of cereal, followed by 2 more tablespoons of yogurt. Top with diced pineapple then with another 1 1/2 tablespoons cereal
- Nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces thinly sliced ham, chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Spray 2 mini muffin tins (each with 24 cups) with nonstick spray.Whisk the eggs, milk, pepper, and salt in a large bowl to blend well. Stir in the ham, cheese, and parsley. Fill prepared muffin cups almost to the top with the egg mixture. Bake until the egg mixture puffs and is just set in the center, about 8 to 10 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, loosen the frittatas from the muffin cups and slide the frittatas onto a platter. Serve immediately.