1. Balanced vegetarian diet
It consists of fruits, vegetables and foods that originate from plants.Recent studies show that a vegetarian diet has a 30% lower risk of heart related diseases.There are different vegetarian diets ranging from strictest to the lenient.
Vegetables, fruits, legumes, nuts, grains
- Lacto-vegetarian diet foods
Milk and milk products such as cheese and yogurt
- Lacto-ovo-vegetarian diet foods
- Flexitarian diet foods
Occasional consumption of fish, poultry and meat.
Since there are allegations about vegetarian diet that it has nutritional deficiency, here are the nutritional guidelines so that you will know what vegetables are good to eat.
- Iron (important in the transport of oxygen to the lungs and to the different parts of the body)
Spinach, beans, wheat, tofu, lentils, broccoli, black eye beans, potatoes.
- Calcium (responsible for bone strength)
Alfalfa sprouts, asparagus, bamboo shoots, soy milk, soy nuts, soya beans, pickled, broccoli, mustard greens, and fortified juices.
- Vitamin B12 (it also boosts up energy aids in the production of red blood cells)
Beetroot, cabbage, brussel sprouts.